Children for Champions
Turn the Rothenbaum tennis stadium into a lion’s den!
For the 19th year, kids will once again have the chance to start a fan club for their tennis star as part of the “Children for Champions” project at the Hamburg European Open – and possibly even accompany him to the final round.
We call on tennis-crazy kids, youth workers and parents to apply for the fan block project and to experience top tennis at Hamburg’s Rothenbaum free of charge. The world’ s best tennis pros look forward to your vocal support!
Here are the rules:
- Twelve kids (aged between 6 and 16 years) and two club chaperones will be randomly assigned as a fan block to an ATP professional, for whose matches they will each receive a free ticket, fan merchandise (T-shirt and cap), drink and food vouchers and a special gift. They are responsible for cheering on their star from the stands at every match, in compliance with the basic rules of fair play.
- Each fan block remains on the grounds at no extra cost as long as its star remains in the tournament – which means it is possible to enjoy up to eight days of live tennis at Rothenbaum! But don’t forget: the fan block also must be present in the tennis complex for up to eight days with at least eight kids each attending the matches of its star!
- If some participants have time constraints, the children can rotate within the team.
- If the player wins a match on centre court, the fan club will receive special centre court tickets (special block). In addition, one child is drawn before each match, who is allowed to walk into the Players’ Center and onto the court with the respective player.
- If your player wins the Hamburg European Open, all twelve children will receive a medal as a souvenir and will be allowed to take a group photo with their star on the centre court.
- Tennis clubs with children 6 to 16 years of age are eligible to participate.
- Groups must have at least eight and a maximum of 12 children.
- The fan groups only get free tickets as long as their player is active in the singles competition. If the player is eliminated, the team does not receive any more free tickets.
- The free tickets are valid for specially designated blocks of seats on centre court.
- Two chaperones are recommended per group. At least one chaperone must always be on the grounds, however.
- During the team’s stay at the facility, the chaperones are responsible for supervising them.
- The players will be assigned approximately ten days before the start of the tournament. Preferred players may be indicated at registration. In the event of multiple entries, the decision will be made by a random draw.
- Posters and fan paraphernalia should be made and brought along for cheering.
- All children will be provided with a T-shirt and a cap. Both should always be worn on the tournament grounds.
Register now and send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org