What items am I not allowed to take with me into the facility?
- Flags: please do not bring flags larger than A2 format
- Film and photography: photos may only be taken during the matches without flash. Filming is prohibited
- Bottles over 0.5 litre: bottles with a volume greater than 500 ml are prohibited.
- Means of transport: it is prohibited to bring scooters, bicycles, skateboards, etc.
- Baggage: please do not bring any bags larger than A4 format. It is prohibited to take along larger bags, suitcases or rucksacks
- Glass: as a precaution, we ask you to refrain from carrying glass bottles, glass cups, etc.
- Camera equipment: large camera tripods or even selfie sticks are not allowed into the facility
- Strollers: strollers may be brought into the facility, but they cannot be taken into the grandstands due to limited space
- Laptops: all types of mobile computers (laptops, notebooks, desknotes, IPads, etc.) are prohibited in the tennis facility
- Noise makers: it is prohibited to bring horns, rattles, drums, etc.
- Animals: animals are not allowed on the tournament grounds
- Weapons: it is strictly prohibited to bring:
- cutting, thrusting and stabbing weapons
- aerosol spray cans
- laser pointers
- fireworks, flares, smoke powder, smoke bombs or other pyrotechnic articles
is strictly prohibited.
How do I arrive at the tennis facility at Rothenbaum?
- Arrival by public transport: The tournament grounds are located near the city centre and the Aussenalster. The stadium is located right at the Hallerstrasse stop (it can be reached via the underground line U1 and the bus lines 115, 34, and 605).
- Arrival by bike: The most environmentally friendly way to travel is of course by bike! As in 2019, a bicycle station will be installed at the main entrance to the Rothenbaum Stadium. All bikes can be parked there conveniently and securely.
- Arrival from Hamburg Airport: Take the S1 to the Ohlsdorf stop and change there to the underground line U1 in the direction of Grosshansdorf/Ohlstedt to the U Hallerstrasse stop.
- Arrival from the main train station: Take the underground line U1 in the direction of Ochsenzoll/Norderstedt Mitte and get off at the U Hallerstrasse stop.
- Parking: The event site does NOT provide parking. Unfortunately, the parking spaces around the tennis court are very limited. We recommend that you use public transport.
- Taxi: The nearest taxi stand is located directly at the entrance to the U1 underground line at Rothenbaumchaussee.
Which players are participating?
The regularly updated player list can be found here.
What does the tournament program look like?
The detailed schedule of the Hamburg European Open can be found here.
Will the "Children for Champions" campaign take place again this year?
Yes, we are looking forward to the vocal support of our fan groups again this year! You can find all details here.
Where can I find the box offices and when are they open?
The box offices are located on the left side of the main entrance. The opening hours of the box office can be found in the general opening hours schedule
Where is the Info-Point located?
The Info-Point is located toward the front of the facility near the main entrance. The staff of the Hamburg European Open are always available to assist you.
What are the general opening hours of the facility and other buildings?
The general opening hours can be found here.
When will the next day’s schedule be published and where can I find it?
The schedule for the next day is usually determined as of 8pm the preceding day. In general, there may be short-term changes in the scheduling.
The current tournament programme is available online here. In addition, the match schedules are available in printed form at the box office and at the Info-Point.
When do the individual matches start?
A detailed overview of the start of play and the evening matches can be found here.
Where can I find a map of the facility?
You can find an overall view of the facility here.
Can I take a stroller into the facility?
Yes, strollers may be taken into the facility, but not into the grandstands.
Is there an up-to-date daily programme?
During the tournament week, we provide spectators with the most relevant information about the tournament in our daily magazine “Hawkeye”. “Hawkeye” is delivered hot off the press every day and is distributed to all spectators. The magazine is also available for download here.
Where can I turn in lost property?
Lost property can be turned in and collected at the Info-Point.
Where can I withdraw money?
The nearest cash machine is approx. 100m to the left of the main entrance (Hamburger Sparkasse).
Where can I find the first-aid station?
You will find the first-aid station on the north side of the centre court.
Where do I find the toilets?
Toilets are located in the area of the centre court under the grandstands South, South-East and North as well as under the grandstand of Court “M1”.
How should I behave during the match?
We kindly ask you to follow the instructions of the stewards. Whenever possible, spectators are asked to take or leave their seats before or after the start or end of a set or when players change sides. The use of mobile phones/smartphones is not permitted in the stands. Photography with flash or an artificial light source is prohibited.
How can I help keep the tournament site clean?
To keep the tournament facility clean, we ask you to throw paper cups, drinking cups, etc. into the provided waste baskets or trash bins. We also encourage you to appropriately separate your waste.
What are the accreditation rules?
Here you can find the rules of accreditation.
The most important information about ticket sales can be found in the FAQs Tickets.